2022 Full-Time Farm Field Worker
End of April to End of September
We are seeking one field worker
Due to funding requirements to qualify you must:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the beginning of the employment period
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment and,
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
Requirements and Responsibilities
Applicants do not need to have prior experience but they must have stamina, the ability to work no matter the weather, meet the physical demands of farming, strong observation skills and work in a fast-paced environment. Expect the work to be physically and mentally demanding. Having a strong back and knees is essential as most of your work will be harvesting. The ability to be self-motivated is extremely important and something that is crucial for applicants. If you have previously worked in food service or in high pace retail you will be a great fit! You will need a valid driver's license and access to a vehicle to get to and from work, as there is no public transport available to reach the farm. Social media marketing knowledge and experience is an asset. ALSO must like dogs*** <3
Hour and Duration
The job includes 4 day, 30 hrs/week at $18 an hour from late April to the end of September. Most shifts will be from 7am-2:30pm. You will have a paid break and also have access to free vegetables from the farm!
It’s important that you’re a self-starter and motivated. After you have a couple weeks of training you will have more independence and be given a task list at the start of your shift. The tasks are ordered from the top priorities to the least. You are permitted to listen to music while you work, but not during use of machinery. The shifts start earlier in the day to stay as much out of the sun as possible; if you show up late, it’s expected that you stay a bit later than the time you missed at the start of your shift. The rest regarding learning about our work culture and the rules will be given to you as we have an employee handbook.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Rising Roots Job Application 2022”. In your cover letter, outline the following:
- Why you are interested in working at Rising Roots
- Your background with farming, if you have any. If you don’t have any, speak to your future goals within agriculture and any relevant communication and labour skills
- If you have a farm project in mind for the future, I encourage you to include that
- Any other relevant experience or feelings
**If you have worked in fast paced food service or retail I consider that an asset as you understand how to work under pressure and do tasks efficiently. Applicants who have will be considered higher up on my hiring list.**
Only applicants who get an interview will be contacted, I do not have capacity to reply to everyone.